Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Well, I hope they can find their way...


Theft.

Good God.

I hate it when it happens to me. Well, let's be honest, who does?

Got in my car this morning and went to turn on my radio. Gone. Looked up to also find among other things, my GPS missing. I will get these things back and not because I'm going to hunt the little buggers who did this down and ring their bloody necks. I have a zero dollar deductable with my insurance policy with TD Home and Auto. Good move on my part - getting that deductable.

I digress...

Like anything else, I need to find the lesson and the gift in all of this. The surface lesson is easy. No matter if you lock your doors, there will always be someone who's willing to risk their eternal karma to get your stuff, so make *sure* your stuff is locked up as tight as you can manage it.

The deeper lesson I believe is one of dealing with loss. I've been shown a lot of examples of loss lately as I've discussed in other recent blog entries. This is just one more example of loss. This one was a gentle one... zero deductable... didn't take my whole car... left personal (meaningful to me) items in tact... no vandalism.

The gift, I believe, is that it was a gentle lesson. I've got that zero deductable and replacement value rather than actual value insurance.

I hope that the person (people) who stole my GPS uses it to find themselves. I'm sure it's something that they dearly need to do.

Dear Angels: thanks for a day filled with gentle lessons and good friends.

I do have a blessed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment