Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And the tests keep coming...


I've disappointed a friend today and I feel like crap. I just want to cry. I hate disappointing people and letting them down. I'm the person who always wants everyone to be happy with me. I hate it when people have bad feelings toward me - especially when I can't do anything about it.

Months ago, I had promised to do something and things have changed for me since that promise was made. I don't want to go into the gory details, but suffice it to say I'm in a real friendship pickle. I'm virtually up to my neck in the salty brine.

What do you do when the circumstances you find yourself in, despite your best efforts to the contrary, don't match the promise you made? What happens when the sincerest of apologies aren't enough? Where does a friendship go from there? I have no idea. I'm at a loss.

I certainly don't want to lose my friend over this. She did an amazingly wonderful thing for me and I will be forever in debt to her for it. My inability to follow through on my promise has put her in a very bad situation and I can't even begin to tell you how badly I feel about that.

Do I want to follow through? YES!! YES!! A MILLION TIMES YES!!!

Am I able to? Unfortunatelty, not right now. I will eventually be able to, but time isn't on my side.

I hate this. :(

Hey, Angels.... I really need your help: Where's the lesson? Where's the gift?.........

What would you do in a situation like this?

1 comment:

  1. You have done all you can. If you have received a negative response from your friend, then that is going to have to be their problem.

    I like the four agreements concept and often have to be reminded of it to set me on course again...
    http://www.mcuniverse.com/The-Four-Agreements.445.0.html

    ReplyDelete